JUMP scooters can be rented through the Uber app. Once you’ve opened the Uber app, tap ‘Ride’ and select ‘Scooter’ from the top center drop down to see the available scooters in your area. Make sure that you’re in the JUMP service area when you open the app.
Once you’ve reserved a scooter, you have 20 minutes until your reservation will time-out and your trip starts. If you need to cancel your reservation, ensure that you cancel the reservation prior to the trip starting in order to avoid charges.
START YOUR RIDE
- Download the Uber app and create an account or open your Uber app
- Tap ‘Ride’ and then ‘Scooter’ at the top of your screen
- Find and reserve a nearby scooter
- Unlock the scooter by scanning the QR code or inserting the code manually
- Once you unlock your scooter, push off the ground 3 times to get going
END YOUR RIDE
- Park in the parking zone shown in the app
- Push the kickstand down
- Tap “End Ride” in the app
NOTE: When parking your scooter, ensure that it does not block a crosswalk, intersection, or driveway, and it is not in an area for foot traffic or private property.
- Always follow all road rules
- Wear a helmet
- One rider per scooter
- You must be 18+ to ride scooters
- Park at appropriate locations
- Don’t drink and ride
- Follow rules to avoid fines (i.e. no parking zones)
- If you have an issue with your scooter or its functionality, let us know right away
- As high speed can overpower the electric brake causing loss of control, always walk the scooter down hills and use the rear foot brake to control speed
- JUMP scooters are designed to withstand the elements, but we don’t recommend riding scooters in the rain. You should always ride to weather conditions.